Saturday, July 4, 2009

A True independence day for this mom!

So Jay took the boy to his parents house and I had a weekend to myself. So needed. I went to the Experience Music Project in Seattle where they had a fantastic exhibit on Jim Henson. For a time I fully believed I would work for them. I applied for a college internship with them and everything. I met the performer of Red Fraggle Karen Prell and a Head writer for the muppets and this Wednesday I hope to meet Jane Henson at a presentation in Seattle on Jim Henson's life. After my museum tour I drove across one of Seattle's floating bridges.(So amazing with Mt. Rainer and boats in the background) and went to the Temple. Earlier in the day I got a makeover at the M.A.C. counter at Nordstrom's and bought some needed makeup suggested by my fashion and makeup savvy sister- in -law Michelle. Thank you again Michelle!!!! Today I slept in watching VH1 music countdowns and then I colored my hair for the first time in my life with color suggestions from my other fashion and hair savvy sister-in-law Lizzy. I am so blessed with good counselors after growing up with 7 brothers I feel I am getting my girly act into gear. I have also indulged in massive youtube watching of my favorite scenes from movies and tv and decided to do a list of my favorite couples based on chemistry. I have come to believe that good writing is more important to me then acting but with good actors it is magic. Here are some of my favorite couples.

1. Josh and Donna from the West Wing
2. CJ and Danny from the West Wing
ok, ok ever since my family reunion and talking with my brother Rick I got back into West Wing and remembered a fresh why this is my favorite show of all time.

3. The New Doctor Who with David Tennant and Billie Piper Season 2
4. 2009 Wuthering Heights on Masterpiece theater. ( I admit that in High school I had to read this for my Senior English class and despised it but I didn't understand it until this version) So powerful
6. Joe vs. the Volcano Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks
7. Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers (Top Hat)
8. It's a wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed
9. Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson in Much a do about Nothing
10. Jennifer Ehle and Collin Firth in the long BBC version of Pride and Prejudice
11. Princess Bride Wesley and Buttercup
12. Scarlet Pimpernel Jane Seymour version.
I love them... What do you love?

So I finish this 4th of July with my Mom and Mark and Amanda at the fireworks show in Seattle and me with the house to myself with the musical 1776 in the background and to show what a history dork I am I have a previously recorded review of David McCullough's 1776 book from CSpan. I am so excited. Also I got to listen to Michael Medved's WWII lecture yesterday on the radio. I am now ready to enter the real world and be a mom again. My cup is filled.























6 comments:

Paige said...

Wow, what a great weekend! Where are your "after" pics?!

Christina said...

I agree with Paige- we need some pictures, as well as reactions from Jay -provided he noticed (Ben never notices my changes)!

Jamey said...

Sounds like you had a great time! So Joe vs. the Volcano is a McClellan tradition. They quote it all the time. I'm just starting to get it.

Susie said...

You have had some amazing girly time for sure. It sounds like you did get your cup filled. Nothing is better to give yourself "me" time. Glad you got the chance to do so and you did some fun things.

Washington Hills said...

Oh, Susie, I just love you! And I agree with the others...where are your "after" pictures?!?!?!

I am so glad you got a weekend. You married a good man!

Damitz Family said...

Oh, now that sounds absolutely heavenly! I'm so glad you were able to see that. And I demand pics too! :) Love ya!