Monday, May 4, 2009

My Dad

































I lost my dad this month after a brave fight with cancer. We had a beautiful funeral for him in Salt Lake this past Wednesday. The first picture is from my wedding I love this picture. The garden is what I have been working on this the past month in our back yard. The final days I told my dad that I had got geraniums and he said "You better have not got pink ones" oops I had bought purple and pink ones... and we laughed. The monday before he passed I wheeled him to the backyard and showed him the tulips and he told me what to do to take care of the plants. The other pictures are of James and my tour of Temple Square after the funeral. He is buried close to his parents and more generations of Rigby's who had settled Utah. My mom was very ill with complications from a gall bladder operation but was allowed out of LDS hospital to attend the funeral. She is slowly getting better and we pray for her strength. I love my family so much and everyone pulled together so strongly. Thank you to all our friends and family and prayers. We have great joy remembering my fun loving dad and I know that I will see again but my emotions are so up and down. One minute I am laughing and the next filled with peace and then next so sad. I love you so much dad...

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Susie, I am so sorry about your dad. He sounds like he was an amazing man.

Christina said...

Our prayers are with you- that was a beautiful story about the flowers.

Super B said...

Oh Susie,
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I had no idea. I hope you all are doing okay and know that you will be in our prayers.

Elizabeth and Russ said...

We are sorry about your father. Let us know if you need anything.

Jamey said...

Susie, I am so sorry. Thank you for posting such beautiful pictures of him and your family.

Michelle said...

You are such a trooper, Susie. Thank you for taking such good care of Dad during his last few weeks. I know he was very greatful for you. He told me this every time I "phone stalked" him.

Kathy said...

It's so hard to lose someone we love. Even though we have an understanding of the gospel and eternity, it really doesn't change the pain of living the rest of our lives here on earth without our loved ones. You are so strong, and you have so many who love you and understand your pain. You'll get through the tears. You'll never stop missing him, but the pain will stop. I can promise that. I love you, susie.

SLL said...

I have been thinking about you and your family and wondering how you were fairing these days. We are continuing to pray for you and hope that things will get easier in time. How is your Mom feeling with her gall bladder stuff? We look forward to seeing you guys in a couple of weeks when John comes for a visit from Iraq. Love you.

Alyssa Rock said...

This explains why you keep entering my thoughts lately these days. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I wish there was something I could do. You'll continue to be in my thoughts, Suse. And now you'll also be in my prayers.

Laura Dewey said...

Susie, I am sorry about your Dad. He looks like a great man. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Washington Hills said...

Oh, Sue.

I sure love you. Are you still living at home in Everett? I hope so. What a blessing you are to your mom. I'm so so sorry. Your dad is so awesome. Love, love, love you.

Heidi E said...

We are thinking and praying for you and your family. Your Dad sounds amazing. Thank you for sharing the great pictures and stories.

Sarah said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad.
What a beautiful post and what a blessing to be so close to your dad during the end of his life.