Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Jay and Pixar's Up!






My brother Doug's movie Up comes out today! He is an animator for Pixar and this past weekend we got to go and visit him in Emeryville, California for a screening of the movie and a tour of San Francisco. The movie is so beautiful and meaningful and hilarious. It was such a dream to tour the studio with Doug have lunch in their gourmet cafeteria and watch the movie in their theater. The theater has fiber-optic stars that have shooting stars go by before the movie starts and everyone says oooooh ahhhhh. Look for the name Doug Rigby under animators in the movie. Also say a prayer for him because they are letting all the interns go because of the economy. Oh I hope he can stay there. What a treat it was to visit. We also took a tour around Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge in a boat and toured Fisherman's Warf and rode a trolley. My older brothers Rick and Dave and their wives Annie and Michelle made it too and it was sweet.  Michelle found an amazing pizza place for us in downtown San Francisco.

Jay turned 27 yesterday too! Our anniversary was on the 15th and Jays birthday on the 28th so the trip was part of these events. I asked what kind of cake Jay wanted and he said pumpkin pie. So I attempted to make one. Not too bad. We love you Jay!!!!!!

10 comments:

Susie said...

Happy Birthday Jay!! Happy Anniversary to you both!! That is way cool that your brother was a part of the the movie UP, and you were able to tour the studio and watch it there. I'm so jealous of you!! Your trip to San Fran sounds like a ton of fun too. I lived in San Jose area so I'm familiar of the places you went in San Fran. Way FUN and great way to celebrate both events.

barrettandaudrey said...

Looks like you had a great time! I am excited to see the movie. Happy B-day Jay.

Christina said...

What a wonderful trip! It looks like you guys were able to have such a great time! Good luck to Doug- keep us posted!

Washington Hills said...

I learned a long time ago that anything Pixar does is worth seeing/buying/quoting. Why to go Doug!!!! Such a fun trip. Luckies...

SLL said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. Did you like Alcatraz afterall Jay? Glad you were able to take that trip together and get some time to unwind. Happy 27th B-day to Jay and Happy Anniversary to you guys.

I was raised in a barn said...

We went and saw it yesterday. Loved it!! We are so proud of Doug!! Looks like you guys had a fun trip. See you in three weeks :)

Alyssa Rock said...

That's great for Doug. Hopefully the huge box office success of Up will help those interns stay on...

Too bad we weren't still living there! We were seriously half an hour away (in good traffic) from San Fransisco... We could have seen you! I need my Susie fix!

Sarah said...

I wish we had known you were coming. It would have been fun to see you...though I'm sure you were busy with family the whole time. If you're ever in the area again, we'd love to see you. And I can't wait to see Up. I've heard so many good things. Way to go Doug!

Unknown said...

Hey Susie! I'm at greenbluebirds.blogspot.com now. I changed it.

Don&Stacy&Boys said...

Susie! We just went to see Up tonight with our boys. I absolutely loved it. I wasn't sure I would even be that interested in it, but it was totally different than I expected. Tell Doug he did an awesome job on his textured hat. Take care.